Ants Marching

There are hundreds of ants crawling on my apartment floor right now, but I am not killing any of them.

"Why?" You ask... well, I guess I shouldn't say that I'm not killing any of them, because indeed I am trying to... but by letting them live. You see, we bought this poison bait for household ants today at the store (yes, Black Friday and we were out buying ant poison). The idea is that the ants go in to collect the sweets (smells like peanut butter and chocolate), but they don't realize that it's laced with poison. So they take it back to the colony and it kills all of them.

But I keep glancing over and seeing them swarming these little poison centers, and it takes every ounce of self control I have in me to not eradicate them all. Ants I hate. We've been squashing them one by one as we spot them on the kitchen floor for about a week now. They are tiny and brown, so sometimes they are hard to see on the dark floor, but I am always thinking about them. Thinking, "Die, you pathetic little creatures..." I'll let you know how the bait tactic works out.

1 comment:

  1. Update: less than 24 hours later, they were all dead. every single one. we haven't seen an alive one since. it worked!!!

    fyi - the brand is Raid - Double Control Ant Baits with Avermectin B1 the active ingredient (0.05%) - just incase anyone else is ever having a problem with household ants.

    ReplyDelete