10 Reasons Why Your Wife Hates Sex

I've heard many stories of guys that are struggling with desire because their wife "doesn't want sex." In truth, their wife doesn't want sex the way it is now. If your wife hates sex, and you want to know why and how to fix it, read on.

Here are the Top 10 Reasons Why Your Wife Hates Sex:
  1. You come on too strong.

    Nobody likes to be attacked, and if your wife cringes as you come near, you are coming on too strong. She doesn't want to be "a sexy body" to you; she wants to be the wife that you love and adore. Don't go straight for the "goodies" but learn to take baby steps that she feels comfortable with. A kiss on the hand or stroking her hair for a while can be great starting places. A back massage, a gentle kiss on the cheek, whispering, "I love you." These are things that are likely to help her relax and welcome your affection. Then slowly ease in with a kiss on the neck perhaps and wait for her cues to tell you when she is ready for more. And be prepared to have to wait until next time if she's not ready for more.

  2. She's worn out.

    Do some things to help her out around the house. And I'm not talking about pitching in one day and looking for sex that night. Make it a habit to help her out, recognizing that she has a lot on her plate every day that can be overwhelming.

    Women find something very sexy about a man who voluntarily does the dishes or folds the laundry without being asked, without complaining and without looking for something in return. A selfless act that helps lighten her load will eventually pay off because -- even if she doesn't sleep with you -- she will be in a better mood.

  3. The pleasure is not worth the effort.

    If sex isn't that enjoyable for your wife, even (on rare occasion) when she does give in, why would she want to bother with it? You need to do everything you can to make sure it is pleasurable for her. But how do you find this out? From her!

    First off, be prepared to spend a lot of time "preparing" her during foreplay. It ends when she tells you she wants it, and it could take awhile. Let her be the one who is in control and decides when she is ready.

    It's not a bad idea to tell her during foreplay, "We won't have sex unless you tell me you want it." This will help her relax and be able to enjoy foreplay, knowing that she controls when/if penetration is going to happen.

    Note: Every time you check to feel if she is ready or ask if she is ready, she will get nervous and it is like taking 10 steps backwards. Even if she "seems" ready, it is important to let her decide when sex begins. If you decide, you may find her just lying there motionless letting you get what you want, and you can tell she is not enjoying it. Once this happens, it is not likely anything you do will make it enjoyable for her. So let her be in control from the start, and this will help her feel more comfortable and confident, relax and enjoy.

  4. You don't listen to what she says she wants.

    Every woman is different, and there is no "magic button" or routine that will turn her on each time. Don't get frustrated if what worked last time is not working this time.... or if what a friend told you works for his wife does not work for yours. Every woman has different desires, and these often change from day to day. If she tells you she wants something, DO IT! If she tells you to stop something, STOP IT!

    Take the time to listen. She has probably told you again and again why she doesn't want sex. If not, ask what you can do to make sex more enjoyable for her. You would be surprised how willing she might be to offer up this information. And if she clams up, take a hint and don't press. Just tell her you are ready to listen if she ever wants to talk about it.

    If on some occasion, you find that she really enjoys herself during sex, tell her you like to see her enjoying herself and see if she offers up why it is enjoyable. If not, no worries. Just be happy she is enjoying it and try to figure it out on your own.

    "Tell me what feels good," is a great way to invite her to help you understand her needs as you are having sex. Don't ask her to "Tell me what to do," because this can convey that you just want to take orders and not put in the effort of trying. Plus, it's not likely she will even know if given a blank slate, and this can put pressure on her.

    If you see she isn't enjoying herself, let her know you want this to feel good for HER, and invite her to give you cues as you try different things. If she doesn't enjoy herself the entire way through, talk about it afterwards and see if you can determine where things went wrong. Sometimes it's one small thing that ruins the experience for her: one comment, one sharp pain, a bad memory, your bad breath, etc. Give her a chance to tell you what that could have been so you can work on it next time.

  5. It's not spontaneous.

    "You wanna do it?" or "Let's have sex." = "No thanks," almost automatically. It's not special or enticing to plan to have sex, even if it's 10 seconds beforehand. This is a turn-off for your wife. You may think you are saving both of you time by finding out if she's interested, but the key is to MAKE her interested, and asking will just make her uninterested.

    If you only kiss her certain places when you want sex, it becomes all too predictable, and is similar to saying one of the above. In other words, when you kiss her on the neck, she hears, "Let's go have sex." This is not what you want! So make sure you kiss her, caress her, grab her -- whatever -- when you are NOT looking for sex. If you do this and she shrinks away, tell her, "I don't want to have sex; I just want to kiss you," or something of that sort. This will help her let her guard down. The more your affection becomes tolerable, the more she is able to enjoy it and the better your chances that she will want sex... eventually. Again, be willing to give her time and be patient. Things will improve faster the more patient you are.

  6. You choose a bad time.

    You may just think a "bad time" for sex is when you are late for something or extremely tired. For your wife, it could be anything... if the kids are awake, if her legs aren't shaved, if her teeth aren't brushed, if she's not wearing makeup, if she feels like cleaning the house, if she... anything! If you ever hear the words, "It's just a bad time," try to take note and figure out what your wife considers a bad time, so you can avoid moving in when you are not wanted.

  7. Sex is hollow.

    A guy's needs during sex are completely different from his wife's needs. He needs a very one-dimensional stimulation, whereas she needs a multi-dimensional experience.

    Too many times, sex is the end goal of foreplay and also where the experience becomes lifeless for your wife. Don't just kiss her during foreplay; keep kissing her during sex and see how she responds. Whisper that you love her, that she looks beautiful or tell her how she is making you feel. Help her get into it. Look into her eyes. Stroke her body in "non - private" places. Make it an all-in-one experience for her, stimulating as many senses as necessary.

    And most importantly, watch how she reacts. You will be able to tell what is "working" for her. She will unintentionally let you know.

  8. Sex is painful for her, or she is afraid it will hurt.

    The first few times having sex can be painful for your wife. If she has been raped in the past, the scars may take forever to heal. Having a baby also takes time to heal -- sometimes years. Particularly for breast feeding women, sensitivity can last and last. If your wife's female parts are sensitive for any reason, be mindful of this, and be very careful. Let her take the reigns, and be patient.

    Enough foreplay may make her want you, but you may also need artificial lubricant to help things along and lessen the pain. Make sure you understand which areas are painful for her and let her know you will try to avoid pressure on these areas.

    Go slow and accept "the usual" rather than pushing her to experiment. Forget about trying different positions or moves while she is in pain. This is just going to tense her up and make it even more painful, doing more and more damage. Stick with safe, slow and steady until things improve.

  9. There is an unresolved issue between you.

    If she thinks you are being unfaithful, or she saw you checking out another woman, or she didn't like a certain comment you made, or she feels you are lazy -- it could be anything. Any unresolved issue can get in the way of romance. She isn't able to relax and "let go" with you because she has her guard up for one reason or another. Find out what the issue is, and let her know you are 100% committed to her and do what it takes to resolve things. Flowers, gifts and dinner out "just because" are great ways to fix whatever might be broken. Just don't "expect" sex at the end of the night. If it happens, it happens.

  10. All of the above.

    It may be a combination of things, so make sure you take time out to really understand your wife and why she refuses sex. It may take more effort on your part in the beginning, but the closeness and satisfaction certainly pays off if you are willing.
Good luck!

35 comments:

  1. Holy mackerel. So basically you're saying that if you're not being 100% the perfect husband in and out of bed your wife isn't going to want to have sex with you?! Seriously?! You ain't going to find that perfection in this life time honey. We are all human and make mistakes. We also don't have the ability to read minds. I help out around the house. I give my wife compliments on a regular basis. I take our daughter out on "daddy daughter dates" when my wife needs alone time. I hold a stable full time job and support the family so my wife doesn't have to work if she doesn't want to. I try to be extremely sensitive in the bedroom when it comes to intimacy, but when a husband is doing all of the basics and the wife still hates sex because she is looking for perfection, well I hate to break it to you, but that's where you get high divorce rates. I'm sorry, but it's a two way street. The wife better be putting forth just as much effort as the husband or things are going to go down hill fast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you notice that all ten are the mans fault. Nothing but blame the man even if the women becomes selfish demanding and self centered. Hmmm .Normalcy Bias for sure. Keep telling men are the problem.

      Delete
    2. tis is bullshit. get another wife.

      Delete
    3. I agree. I do ALL the housework, play with the kids, work a full time job and a part time job so she can be home with the kids, I fix everything around the house, maintain and repair the cars, mow the lawn, take her on dates, hug her, kiss her, show affection, all that stuff that women are supposed to get turned on by. She still has zero interest in sex. I always bring her to climax during sex. I'm not withholding anything from her. But she never ever desires sex. We have sex maybe once a month, and she only does that out of feeling guilty about not giving me what I need. If I didn't pressure her heavily for sex when I just can't stand it anymore, it would never happen. She only has sex with me out of guilt or feeling obligated, never out of desire .

      Delete
    4. totally agree with the guy responses here. My wife was great for 17 years in bed. Then when her hormones changed and there is a fix, she was like, eh, not important to me anymore, so I dont care. Well I still do!

      Delete
  2. Anonymous...my sentiments exactly!! And guess what...mine is going down hill fast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. You come on too strong--- Maybe once out of 10 times, and she can't deal with it?
    2. She's worn out--- Nope.
    3. Pleasure not worth the effort--- Possible. But I'm not sure how... On the very rare occasion when she doesn't resist from the start, she doesn't put in much effort and clearly gets physical pleasure at least.
    4. You don't listen to what she wants--- Nope. I ask. Ask again. Just listen waiting for some comment on what she might like. Hear nothing for hours, days, weeks. Ask again. No response.
    5. Not spontaneous--- I wish it was. On the rare occasion she is willing, the minute she notices we might have sex, the needs to go off and spend time preparing. By the time she is back, I am almost at the point of just leaving to do something else. Then she comes back and crawls into bed with her clothes on.
    6. You choose a bad time--- I wish someone could tell me what time might work. And, how is it possible for #5 to be about being spontaneous, and #6 to be about choosing a better time?
    7. Sex is hollow--- It has not been hollow with 20-30 other women that I didn't marry, including a few long relationships.
    8. Sex is painful--- Yes, often, because when a woman tries to close her legs and be completely uncooperative it doesn't work very well.
    9. Unresolved issue between you--- Not between us. Between her and a dead guy who abused her 25 years ago. I get that this broke something in her. It's like she was a piano player and someone broke her hands. But it's been 25 years. And 15 years ago she was well on the mend. So it's not about the dead guy anymore. It's about whether she wants to be healed or not. Whether she wants to be in a cast until she is 80 years old and dead, or whether she wants to take the cast off and try. Bad news for me. She doesn't.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are we married to the same woman??!!!!

      Delete
    2. Wow, aside from the abuse 25 years ago, that sounds exactly like my martiage. To my knowledge nothing really bad has ever happened to my wife, so she can't use that excuse. She is just frigid.

      Delete
  4. guys. your attitudes are coming through loud and clear.
    I guarantee your wives feel your resentment and the pressure.
    Pressure for sex is a big time killer of sex-drive.

    I don't have the magic answer, but I don't think the author here is saying you need to
    be perfect. He is just giving a list of things that could be the problem.
    You look through the list and pick the one or two that really stand out to you,
    and go to work on them..
    that said, everyone is so completely different!
    some women like a lot of foreplay and kissing, but I don't!
    I'd prefer my man just grab me and get it on! skip all that
    ooey gooey caressing and so forth. not my thing.
    good luck to you all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've spent the last seven years going the list, revising the list, guessing what could be her hang up because when I try to talk to her about it she just plays stupid and says dumb crap like "I just don't know" or my favorite "I just don't know how to put it in words". When I finally learned how to give her an orgasm (after 5 years) I thought maybe that would change things. It did. She likes it so much she now doesn't want to stop until she had had at least two. She gets twice as many orgasms as I do. And does that make her want sex? No. It would still never happen if I didn't practically grovel and beg every month when I'm ready to kill myself because I can't stand the lack of sex any longer.

      Delete
    2. Forget you, you have no idea what you're talking about. This article is so off base it's not even funny. You should remain anonymous since I think you're the author.

      Delete
    3. Forget you, you have no idea what you're talking about. This article is so off base it's not even funny. You should remain anonymous since I think you're the author.

      Delete
  5. Then can we marry you!!! Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my wife is the same way: "what are we waiting for?" gets asked if the foreplay lasts longer than two minutes. That doesn't make her different in any other way however, she still hates having sex as well.

      At this point I don't even bother worrying about it. If I know I don't plan on coming on to her for sex, there's no anxiety as to whether or not this will be the one time in 50 that she says yes. I already know it's a "no" because I'm deciding "no". I can't ever decide "yes" so I just decide "no". We won't be having sex. Period. At all. Ever. I have porn, I have masturbation, and I just don't care to try to have sex with a frigid woman anymore.

      You change from happy you had sex to pissed off at yourself for giving in to your wife's ovulation-fueled advances, but you eventually gain the strength to tell her "no, I'm not in the mood" when the blue-moon is out and she actually wants sex. and FINALLY she gets to feel ONCE what you feel every damn day.

      Delete
  6. Been married over 30 years and have 4 children. Enjoyed sex with my husband up until his personality changed-after brain damage suffered as a result of a heart attack. For most of our marriage we had sex 3-4 times per week. Sometimes the frequency was more and occasionally less due to his health issues. He always said he would prefer even more when he was well. I never complained or cheated when he was not able to for about a year. After his heart attack he became completely focused on sex. Watched porn, downloaded all the reading material he could find and demanded sex at least 2 times per day seven days per week. Pushes for every kind of sex under the sun and does not care if it is not something I want. I used to love sex and intimacy. Now I would love to never have it again even though I am required to twice a day! I need more from a relationship than being an object with holes that a man can stick his penis and being asked to perform like a porn star or prostitute. I am an American Caucasian and married for love so do not think this is one of those mail order women deals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are NOT required to do anything. Stop being a doormat and refuse to be treated like a doormat. Marriage does NOT entitled him to sexually abuse you.

      Delete
    2. You really lost me with your pathetic mail order bride crap.

      Delete
    3. Since when is up to the MAN that two people have sex. You "are required to twice a day." Really? That sounds more like rape than sex.

      Delete
  7. And yet another failed attempt and producing some real answers that have not been rehashed a million times.

    ReplyDelete
  8. For men, sex is an enjoyable experience and can enhance intimacy. For women, it is a commodity. Women want money, power, and sometimes to have a good looking man on their arm. Sex is simply a form of rape to them. This is especially true of wives. They already have you, why should they bother to try to please you? I love my wife very much, and would never cheat on her. She knows this, and that's where it ends. I am neuter doll sitting on a shelf. She doesn't want me, but of course no one else can me. The 10 items listed above are all things the man must do, but they will not make a bit of difference. Accept that you are completely stuck. Women hate sex. And wives REALLY hate sex.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice to know that it might not be me. I have been told it is all my fault for far too long. The list of excuses is excessive in my relationship. Every time one is introduced I do my best to change or help my wife with it. The list is now a book. Every excuse possible. Too tired. I don't know how I do much more than she does. Kids will hear us. My kids are grown up now. She says because she has gained weight. Never cared, will always love her physically, but try to help her lose it. Nope she doesn't even try. She hates how long it takes. I get it over with fast. She hates how fast it is. I slow it down. The latest is she needs to be romanced. Funny I use to romance her till she told me she doesn't want it. Also the biggest fights we have are over sex. I have tried calmly talking about it on numerous occasions and it always ends up with her screaming at me. Guaranteed.

      Delete
    2. I agree with you, I work away from home to make the big money to keep her happy and then when I get home I am meant to do all the house work, look after the kids so she can go out with her friends that she never gets to see (BS) and then if I ask for sex aye good fkn chance I would be better slamming my dick in the door.

      Delete
    3. As someone that's been raped, you have no idea what you're talking about. Maybe she doesn't want to sleep with you because you're an ignorant, resentful loudmouth.
      You need couples' therapy, and fast.

      Delete
  9. Holy shit all of the above comments are spot on. I am 34, and have been married over 9,years and at this point sex is just a memory. I have totally given up on trying all the bs that is supposedly what women want and need to get in the mood. I have never cheated but trust me, those thoughts of cheating have become more and more in recent months. I am only gonna live one time and there are plenty of women out there that enjoy sex. I'm not meaning to sound disrectful by any means but its time that men stopping playing the walking on eggshells game and you know what....go out and find a women that enjoys life the way it is meant to be lived and move on from your Nunn in training. Maybe someday women will realize that life and marriage and love is a give and take situation

    ReplyDelete
  10. We've been married for 11 years. My wife is suffering from Ocd, hates to be touched, hates all physical contact. We haven't had sex in 2 years, I'm about to blow my brains out. I was hoping I could find some helpful advice here, at least I know I'm not alone ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read all the above, the simple fact is GET YOUR SELF A GF. I look at it this way::: Last week I spent $200.00 on my wife and do 90% of chores around the house. My wife will fix my dinner. No sex for 4 years. So last week I spent $120 on my GF She is 40 years younger than my wife, one HOT HOT woman. For the $120.00 I spent, I had real intercourse twice, got a ass kicking so cost wise it was $40.00 per orgasm, $200.00 for wife no sex, not even a hand job. GET a GF!!

      Delete
  11. I feel I wasted the last 34 years of my life. She has sucked the life out me. It's Emasculating to be constantly pushed away and waiting for that one rare moment that she might be interested.

    My youth is gone. Too old to start over. I'm seriously considering just walking away. Fuck women. Who need this aggravation. I swear if I don't walk I'll just put a bullet in my brain and be free again.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So many people missing the point....

    As someone already pointed out this list is just a guide, stop taking it so god damn literally.

    Furthermore, if nothing on the list has worked then maybe, just *maybe* it's not the list's fault but the fact that you married the wrong person! Stop projecting your sexual frustration on to the list! The list has certainly helped my relationship. Doesn't mean it will work for everyone though in the same way that just because it didn't work for you doesn't mean it won't work for someone else because guess what? Your experience doesn't equal everyone else's.

    At the end of the day if you can't fix your relationship then YOU'RE IN THE WRONG RELATIONSHIP. If you hate your wife so much because she's not putting out then don't be with her! (Though based on how you guys are commenting, it's no wonder they don't want to have sex with you anymore!). And stop basing all women on the one woman you're with. Overgeneralizing like that won't help you and it won't help her.

    Maybe she's not having sex with you because she doesn't love you anymore and doesn't know how to deal with it just like clearly you don't either!

    So much projection here it's insanity! Stop pointing fingers and look in the mirror because it sounds like BOTH you and your wives are the problem, not this list. Yeesh.

    ReplyDelete
  13. These comments are blowing me away! Sexuality for women is fluid (men too but not as much in my experience) as a lot of women get older what turns them on changes. As a wife of 10 years, I started having fantasies of being with women and have my husband watch and join in. We started exploring these and wow did that give our sex life a big kick start. I was loving it, we were having sex about 5 times a week because of all the fun kinky stuff we were talking about and occasionally doing together. It made me feel young again, like a young woman desired for fun and excitement. The same sex over and over again a made me feel like just a body to him, like I didn't have desires and want to explore. I thought everything was going great and then he decided that all this kinkery was morally wrong and so we stopped. Now i don't really wanna have sex anymore. I feel like I'm back to just being his body to use as he likes, not as I like. Does this make sense?

    ReplyDelete
  14. There is no reason that a wife would want to make love to her husband. Correcting all 10 items will do nothing.

    ReplyDelete